Anyway, I've made a video of the presentation (it's a slightly modified version from the original and as usual I've had to record some audio with just me speaking at home. No atmosphere and without a proper microphone - the audio is a bit pants. I was also a bit tired, when I get a moment I'll probably redo this.).
It covers many of the usual subjects but with a few new additions. The themes are:-
- commoditisation of IT (for example SOA, SaaS etc)
- how stuff happens
- why nothing is simple in management
- the different life-cycles of an activity
- the need for different project methodologies
- the problem with outsourcing
- organisation and enterprise 2.0
- my research into business process modelling
- predictions for the future
Managing a complex world (45 mins)
20th October 2015
The original video was on blip which stopped their consumer service. So, I've reloaded the original to youtube.