XTECH is only a few weeks away. I'll be giving the opening keynote on Wednesday during which I'll cover why "open" matters, from innovation to commoditisation.
I'll be exploring a number of themes from:-
- How open source is accelerating the commoditisation of IT.
- Why open source is essential for competitive utility markets.
- Why open standards are necessary but not sufficient for data portability.
- How the spread of the open meme is not only accelerating innovation but undermining traditional forms of business.
- The growing conflict between organisation and innovation.
So do say "Hi!".
I won't be speaking at OSCON this year, due to a miscommunication and then me agreeing to do some other work instead, then being told I was invited to speak, and then me not being able to afford to ... yada yada yada ... long story, very dull.
Upshot is that I won't be doing any U.S. gigs. Obviously the "hummer" joke didn't go down that well.