By extracting the audio from Ian Forrester's recording and mixing it with the original slides, I've put together a video of my talk from XTech.
Overall the talk was so, so.
It needs a bit more sparkle and some of the concepts didn't come across as clearly as I had hoped. There are possibly too many interwoven ideas and a few of the graphics are looking a bit tired as well.
The main topics are:-
- An introduction to commoditisation, creative destruction and competitive advantage.
- An introduction to innovation.
- An introduction to the underlying processes.
- Why nothing in management is simple.
- How this impacts IT.
- Why open is essential for a service world.
Why open matters
from innovation to commoditisation
(approx. 43 mins)