- Without open source you will never get true portability in the utility computing world.
- Without portability you will never get truly competitive utility computing markets.
- Without a competitive utility computing market you will never overcome the adoption fears.
- Without overcoming the adoption fears, you will never get a widespread reduction in energy consumption and material wastage (silicon is also used in photo-voltaics).
- Reducing energy consumption and the environmental cost of energy production is good for ducks.
- I like ducks.
open source == kindness to ducks
closed source == cruelty to ducks
Well, almost ... :-)