- Many people mix up the terms invention, idea and innovation.
- Innovation is the first(ish) attempt to put an idea into practice. You can manage the process of implementation.
- Ideas are postulated entities and concepts derived from invention and discovery. You can create an environment to encourage ideas.
- You can encourage and manage some aspects of innovation but the real trick is finding out which idea is going to be valuable.
- There is an inverse relationship between the future value of an activity and how certain we are about this.
- We don't know which ideas will be successful - we have to take a guess and often we will fail in our guesses.
- Innovation management is a mix of management, encouragement, guess work and embracing failure.
A node between the physical and digital.
The rants and raves of Simon Wardley.
Industry and technology mapper, business strategist, destroyer of undeserved value.
"I like ducks, they're fowl but not through choice"
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Innovation Management in tweets ...
Posted by swardley at 12:56 am
Labels: Future, Innovation, Tweets