Well, I'm sure all the looney tunes are out there making predictions for what the LHC will find, just to annoy all those sensible people from the scientific community.
So I thought I'd get in on the act by making some completely pointless random guesses based upon absolutely nothing at all. Zero, zilch, nada ...
So here are my long shots:-
- ATLAS will discover that microscopic black holes are produced which will immediately decay by Bekenstein-Hawking radiation.
- The Higgs boson won't be found bringing into question the whole standard model.
- ATLAS will discover a new high energy particle that rapidly disappears out of "existence", leaving no artifacts.
- The LHCb will discover CP violation with anti-beauty quarks decay.
- Circumstantial evidence will be discovered for space-time having variable mass.
So why bother making nonsense predictions? Well, I'm hoping that others might take up the baton and improve them. In short, let's get the guessing game going just in case someone in the crowd already has the answers.
The worst that can happen, is it should help reinforce the view that knowing a bit of code doesn't gift a person with the ability to predict the inner workings of the universe.